Synthesis of research and development in mechanical energy storage technologies. Progress report, September 1, 1979-May 31, 1980 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. College of Engineering and Applied Science, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The proposed continuation project is restricted to underground energy storage and includes: underground pumped hydro storage (UPH); second generation compressed air energy storage (CAES); and seasonal aquifer thermal energy storage (SATES). In the economic assessment component of the proposed study superconducting magnetic energy storage (SMES) will also be included for the purposes of economic comparison only. Within the scope of the proposed effort the following specific objectives have been identified: continuation of extensive analysis of technical and economic information in the form of published and unpublished papers, reports and personal communication, synthesis and critical evaluation of the above information; continuation of the comprehensive analysis of Underground Energy Storage Project activities (updating results obtained in the first year of the project); updating and development of information to provide timely input on the progress to TMS staff for planning purposes; identification of major technical, economic and institutional issues having adverse effect on commercialization and advancement of strategy for resolution; and updating of economic analyses of various storage technologies by the modified method developed during the first years. Progress in each of these efforts is discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/31/1980., "doe/et/26106-t1", and Karadi, G M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14101201