Cost analysis of 50 kWh zinc--chlorine batteries for mobile applications [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 60 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The costs comprising the projected selling price of a 50-kWh zinc--chlorine battery for mobile applications were analyzed. This analysis is predicated on a battery whose engineering and design specifications are well crystallized. Such a design has been proposed and a process plan conceived. This, in turn, led to a simulated manufacturing plan. This analysis showed that no critical resources or complex manufacturing operations are required. The projected cost presumes a production level of 25,000 batteries per year. In that context, a selling price was estimated, in mid-1977 dollars, to be $1645 per battery or $33/kWh. This price excludes the battery charger, for which an added $400 ($8/kWh) is considered reasonable. 8 figures, 19 tables.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1978., "coo-2966-1", Symons, P.C.; Henriksen, G.L.; Warde, C.J.; Whittlesey, C.C.; Carr, P.; Catherino, H., and Energy Development Associates, Madison Heights, MI (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14101260