Lithium--water--air battery project [electronic resource] : progress during the month of August 1976
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new method for producing lithium was investigated. In a continuous process, lithium amalgam would first be formed by reduction of aqueous LiOH/sup -/ or Li/sub 2/CO/sub 3/. Lithium would then be electrochemically separated from the amalgam to form the pure liquid metal. Laboratory determination of the coulombic efficiency for the reaction Li + OH/sup -/ = LiOH(aq) + e/sup -/ continued. The coulombic efficiency was found to approach 1.0 as the anodic diffusion-limited current density was approached. 2 figures. (RWR)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucid-17426-76-8
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Homsy, R.V.; Cooper, J.F.; Hosmer, P.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14101537