Inertial Fusion Energy's Role in Developing the Market for High Power Laser Diodes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 4 pages; size: 0.2 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Production-cost models for high-power laser-diodes indicate systems of 10GW peak power coupled with facilitization of semi-conductor manufacturing capacity could yield costs below $0.02/Watt. This is sufficient to make IFE competitive with other nuclear power technologies.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-conf-237006
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at: CLEO QELS '08, San Jose, CA, United States, May 04 - May 09, 2008.
Campbell, J H; Beach, R J; Ault, E R; Freitas, B L; Ebbers, C A; Meier, W R; Barty, C J; Erlandson, A C; Ladran, A L; Caird, J A; Telford, S; Felker, A J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14103749