Update Direct-Strike Lightning Environment for Stockpile-to-Target Sequence [electronic resource] : Supplement LLNL Subcontract #B568621 Lightning Protection at the Yucca Mountain Waste Storage Facility
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 13 pages; size: 0.3 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The University of Florida has surveyed all relevant publications reporting lightning damage to metals, metals which could be used as components of storage containers for nuclear waste materials. We show that even the most severe lightning could not penetrate the stainless steel thicknesses proposed for nuclear waste storage casks.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:llnl-sr-407711
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Uman, M A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14104427