Production of Gratings for High-Energy Petawatt-Class Lasers [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 4 pages; size: 0.1 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- At the time of this writing, we have manufactured and delivered more than 25 multilayer dielectric diffraction gratings from 470-800 mm in long aperture for pulse compression on Petawatt-class,1-micron laser systems being built at government and university facilities in the U.S and elsewhere. We present statistics of diffraction efficiency and its spatial uniformity, diffracted wavefront, and laser damage results on witness gratings. We also discuss yield, failure modes, and manufacturing improvements necessary to improve upon the current state of the art.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/14/2006., "ucrl-conf-222200", Presented at: ICUIL 2006 (Internationnal conference on Ultrahigh Intensity Lasers), Cassis, France, Sep 25 - Sep 29, 2006., and Peterson, J E; Brewer, S W; Nguyen, H T; Britten, J A; Carlson, T C; Hoaglan, C R; Jovanovic, I; Nissen, J D; Aasen, M D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14104796