Wafer-Bonded Internal Back-Surface Reflectors for Enhanced TPV Performance [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4,148 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lockheed Martin, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper discusses recent efforts to realize GaInAsSb/GaSb TPV cells with an internal back-surface reflector (BSR). The cells are fabricated by wafer bonding the GaInAsSb/GaSb device layers to GaAs substrates with a dielectric/Au reflector, and subsequently removing the GaSb substrate. The internal BSR enhances optical absorption within the device while the dielectric layer provides electrical isolation. This approach is compatible with monolithic integration of series-connected TPV cells and can mitigate the requirements of filters used for front-surface spectral control.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lm-02k065
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
C.A. Wang; A.C. Anderson; P.G. Murphy; G. Nichols; P.W. O'Brien; D.M. Depoy; Z.L. Liau; D.A. Shiau.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14106074