IMPROVEMENT OF WEAR COMPONENT'S PERFORMANCE BY UTILIZING ADVANCED MATERIALS AND NEW MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGIES [electronic resource] : CASTCON PROCESS FOR MINING APPLICATIONS
- Houghton, Mich. : Michigan Technological University, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Michigan Technological University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this reporting period, the project focused on the investigations of FM material container-less HIPping, disc section examination and heat treatment, and full disc manufacture. The FM container-less HIPping resulted in either full density not being reached or reaching full density but losing the FM structure. Container HIPping seems to be necessary to consolidate the FM material. The heat treatment conducted on the 6.5 inch disc section with a WC insert caused cracking in the WC body and along the WC and H13 boundary. Two full 6.5 inch disc cutters were produced but contained defects. It is planned to produce more full disc cutters in the next quarter.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:820759
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Xiaodi Huang; Richard Gertsch.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Other Publications; 01/01/2003 - 03/31/2003
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14106411