Laser-driven inner-shell excitation in high-Z atoms [electronic resource] : A shell-selective impact ionization mechanism
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A highly selective, coherent impact ionization mechanism is proposed for the efficient generation of inner-shell population inversion in laser-driven plasmas. The theoretical analysis is consistent with observed L-shell (2p←3d) emission spectra from laser-excited Xe clusters.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand2000-1447c
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Conference on lasers and Electro-Optics, San Francisco, CA (US), 05/07/2000--05/12/2000.
SCHROEDER,W. ANDREAS; BOYER,K.; LONGWORTH,J.W.; RHODES,C.K.; BORISOV,A.B.; NELSON,THOMAS R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14106681