Annular flow of R-134a through a high aspect ratio duct [electronic resource] : Local void fraction, droplet velocity and droplet size measurements
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1998. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 39 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Local measurements were made in annular flow of R-134a through a vertical duct. Using a gamma densitometer, hot-film anemometer and laser Doppler velocimeter, profiles of void fraction, liquid droplet frequency and droplet velocity were acquired across the narrow test section dimension. Based upon these results, data for liquid droplet size were obtained and compared to previous experimental results from the literature. These data are useful for developing an improved understanding of practical two-phase refrigerant flows, and for assessment of advanced two-fluid computer codes.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1998., "kapl-p--000071", " k--98042", "conf-981107--", "DE99001457", 1998 international mechanical engineering congress and exposition, Anaheim, CA (United States), 15-20 Nov 1998., and Kumar, R.; Vassallo, P.F.; Trabold, T.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14108161