Measurements of the Lick Observatory Sodium Laser Guide Star [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Lick Observatory guide star laser has provided a beacon sufficient to close the adaptive optics loop and produce corrected images during runs in 1996 and 1997. This report summarizes measurements of the wavefront quality of the outgoing beam, photoreturn signal from the sodium beacon, and radiance distribution of the guide star on the sky, and follows with an analysis of the impact of the laser on adaptive optics system performance.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
SPIE international symposium on astronomical telescopes and instrumentation, Kona, HI (United States), 20-28 Mar 1998.
Gavel, D. T., LLNL.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14108488