Thermodynamic Cycle Analysis Program (TCAP) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1997.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 37 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report describes the Thermodynamic Cycle Analysis Program (TCAP) software developed in support of the Collaborative Advanced Gas Turbine (CAGT) research project. The goal of the CAGT project was to evaluate different configurations of gas turbine-based power generation cycles. TCAP software enables the user to graphically construct power cycles that incorporate a variety of components such as compressors, turbines, heat exchangers, and reactors. The user also specifies the input condition of the working fluid and the parameters associated with each component. TCAP then calculates the composition and thermodynamic properties of the working fluid at every point in the cycle. From this data, TCAP calculates the overall thermodynamic efficiency of the cycle and emission levels of specific chemicals. Thermodynamic and chemical kinetic data are based on the Chemkin family of application codes and libraries.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand--97-8223
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14109115