Large-eddy simulation in complex domains using the finite element method [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Finite element methods (FEM) are demonstrated in combination with large-eddy simulations (LES) as a valuable tool for the study of turbulent, separating channel flows, specifically the flow over a backward facing step.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-jc--124701
E 1.99: conf-970670--3
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) fluids engineering division summer meeting, Vancouver (Canada), 22-26 Jun 1997.
McCallen, R.C.; Kornblum, B.T.; Kollman, W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14109210