A generalized correlation for condensation on vertical fluted surfaces [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A correlation was developed for laminar film condensation on vertical fluted surfaces. The theoretical analysis of Panchal and Bell was used for defining important physical property groups. The experimental data of Combs et al. were used to validate the proposed correlation. The experimental database used in the present study included four flute geometries that could be approximated to cosine type flutes and seven fluids. The resulting correlation can predict the average condensate heat-transfer coefficient within ± 20%.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14109529