Gain enhancement plasma-loaded FEL in the presence of beat waves [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- pages Tu3.76 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An expression for the dielectric permittivity of underdense plasma interacting with laser beat waves is derived. It is shown that the presence of beat waves in plasma results in an effective growth of the plasma frequency. The FEL Gain is investigated in the case when the frequency of soft photons weakly depending on the electron beam energy and the synchronism condition is maintained. It is shown that the plasma beat waves lead to the essential increase in FEL gain.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--61982-absts.
E 1.99: conf-9508156--absts.
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
17. international free electron laser conference, New York, NY (United States), 21-25 Aug 1995.
Gevorgian, L.A.; Shamamian, A.H.
View MARC record | catkey: 14109722