Tritium waste package [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A containment and waste package system for processing and shipping tritium oxide waste received from a process gas includes an outer drum and an inner drum containing a disposable molecular sieve bed (DMSB) seated within outer drum. The DMSB includes an inlet diffuser assembly, an outlet diffuser assembly, and a hydrogen catalytic recombiner. The DMSB adsorbs tritium oxide from the process gas and converts it to a solid form so that the tritium is contained during shipment to a disposal site. The DMSB is filled with type 4A molecular sieve pellets capable of adsorbing up to 1000 curies of tritium. The recombiner contains a sufficient amount of catalyst to cause any hydrogen and oxygen present in the process gas to recombine to form water vapor, which is then adsorbed onto the DMSB.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1994., "patents-us--a8347134", "DE97003563", ": US patent application 8-347,134", and Walters, R.T.; Ciebiera, L.; Rossmassler, R.; Tulipano, F.J.; Vinson, S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14110318