Interactive Computer-Enhanced Remote Viewing System (ICERVS). Phase 2 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 28 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report documents the results of the Phase 2 development of ICERVS. Supporting the USDOE missions in environmental restoration, ICERVS integrates capabilities for data acquisition, data visualization, data analysis, and geometric model synthesis in a workstation-based system. The following sections trace ICERVS development from intermediate system design, prototyping of critical elements, and detailed design of seven subsystems through implementation of source code and system performance testing. As a result of Phase 2, ICERVS has demonstrated the combined capabilities of integration and display of 3D sensor data, and interactive synthesis and display of geometric shapes to model regions in 3D space. Such capabilities are essential to effective, efficient task planning, path planning, and collision avoidance in robotic remediation systems.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mechanical Technology, Inc., Latham, NY (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14110406