Gain length dependence on phase shake in the VUV-FEL at the TESLA Test Facility [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- pages Tu3.20 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The TTF VUV FEL, which is in its design stage at DESY, consists of a 30 m long SASE FEL which will radiate around 6 nm, driven by a superconducting linac with final energy of 1 GeV. One of the important issues in its design is the undulator performance, which is studied in this paper. The present setup, including FODO lattice, is discussed in this paper. Results of simulations, including the realistic wiggler field errors and beam stearing, are presented. Dependence of the performance, in particular the gain and saturation length as well as the saturation peak power, on the wiggler field errors is discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1995., "bnl--61982-absts.", " conf-9508156--absts.", "DE96002729", 17. international free electron laser conference, New York, NY (United States), 21-25 Aug 1995., and Schneidmiller, E.A.; Pierini, P.; Pflueger, J.
View MARC record | catkey: 14111515