A computational model for coal transport and combustion. Quarterly technical progress report, December 1, 1993--February 28, 1994 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Clarkson University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In the period of December 1, 1993 to February 28, 1994, considerable progress in the experimental study of monogranular layer simple shear flow device was made. Experimental data concerning the mean granular velocity, fluctuation velocity and solid volume fraction were obtained. The resulting data revealed new interesting features of particulate flows. The thermodynamically consistent, rate dependent model for turbulent two-phase flows and its application to analysis of simple shear flow was completed. Further progress on the application of the kinetic model for rapid flows of granular materials including the frictional energy losses were made. The flow over a vibrating plate was analyzed and the velocity, the fluctuation energy and the solid volume fraction profiles were evaluated. A computational model for analyzing flow of granular materials in ducts and passages with bumpy walls was developed. The special cases of Couette and chute flows was analyzed. The results were compared with the experimental data and good agreement was observed. Flows of gas-solid mixtures in vertical ducts were studied. A computational model for analyzing two-phase flow was developed, and the phasic mean velocity and fluctuation energy profiles were evaluated.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1994., "doe/pc/91297--t5", "DE94013066", "AA1525050", and Ahmadi, G.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 01/01/1994 - 03/31/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14112386