Observation of stimulated emission from an MBE grown GaN film on sapphire [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The authors report the first observation of optically pumped stimulated emission from an GaN epilayer at 77K and at room temperature grown by reactive ion-beam molecular beam epitaxy. The observed uv optical emission profile was a nonlinear function of the pump power density, with line narrowing at threshold power densities. The similarity in the emission profile as compared with those of films grown with low-pressure metal-organic chemical vapor deposition and metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy techniques will be noted.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-jc--115682
E 1.99: conf-9311138--1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
NOVEL laser sources and applications workshop,San Jose, CA (United States),12-13 Nov 1993.
Ross, J.; Rubin, M.; Yee, J.; Newman, N.; Koo, J.; Fu, T.; Yung, K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14112647