Benchmark data for validating irradiated fuel compositions used in criticality calculations [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 71 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- To establish criticality safety margins utilizing burnup credit in the storage and transport of spent reactor fuels requires a knowledge of the uncertainty in the calculated fuel composition used in making the reactivity assessment. To provide data for validating such calculated burnup fuel compositions, radiochemical assays have been obtained as part of the United States Department of Energy From-Reactor Cask Development Program. Assay results and associated operating histories on the initial three samples analyzed in this effort are presented. The three samples were taken from different axial regions of a Pressurized Water Reactor fuel rod and represent radiation exposures of about 37, 27, and 44 GWd/MTU. The data are presented in a benchmark type format to facilitate identification/referencing and computer code input.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bierman, S.R.; Talbert, R.J.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 10/01/1994 - 10/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14113803