The wavelet/scalar quantization compression standard for digital fingerprint images [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Defense
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A new digital image compression standard has been adopted by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation for use on digitized gray-scale fingerprint images. The algorithm is based on adaptive uniform scalar quantization of a discrete wavelet transform image decomposition and is referred to as the wavelet/scalar quantization standard. The standard produces archival quality images at compression ratios of around 20:1 and will allow the FBI to replace their current database of paper fingerprint cards with digital imagery.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
IEEE international symposium on circuits and systems,London (United Kingdom),31 May - 2 Jun 1994.
Bradley, J.N.; Brislawn, C.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14114027