Benchmark calculations for some Los Alamos oralloy critical experiments [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In late 1976, LANL personnel performed are accurate measurement to determine the critical mass of a sphere of highly enriched uranium (oralloy) when reflected by water. This experiment has been used previously to benchmark the MCNP and KENO Monte Carlo codes. However, these benchmark calculations were performed for idealizations of the experiment and involved significant approximations. In contrast, the analysis reported herein is based on a detailed representation of the actual experiment and a set of recently published isotopic specifications for the sphere. Differences between the results from this study and those from the earlier benchmark calculations are related to specific aspects of those calculations.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur--93-4097
E 1.99: conf-940482--2
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society (ANS) topical meeting,Knoxville, TN (United States),11-15 Apr 1994.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14114140