A new set of direct and iterative solvers for the TOUGH2 family of codes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Two new solvers are discussed. LUBAND, the first routine is a direct solver for banded systems and is based on a LU decomposition with partial pivoting and row interchange. BCGSTB, the second routine, is a Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient (PCG) solver with improved speed and convergence characteristics. Bandwidth minimization and gridblock ordering schemes are also introduced into TOUGH2 to improve speed and accuracy. TOUGH2 simulates fluid and heat flows in permeable media and is used for the evaluation of WIPP and TEVES (Thermal Enhanced Vapor Extraction System) that will be used to extract solvents from the Chemical Waste Landfill at Sandia National Laboratories.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl--37066
E 1.99: conf-9503116--10
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1995 TOUGH workshop, Berkeley, CA (United States), 20-22 Mar 1995.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14115302