Status of LBL/LLNL FEL (free electron laser) research for two beam accelerator applications [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 20 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- For this workshop, we review the status of free electron laser (FEL) research being conducted at LBL and LLNL as part of a broader program of research on two beam accelerators (TBAs). We discuss measurements made on high power 35 and 138 GHz FELs and their problem areas. Experience with 35 GHz accelerator section fabrication is summarized. Induction accelerator-driven FELs for use as power sources for high-gradient accelerators are discussed, along with preliminary cost estimates for this type of power source. Finally, a promising new version of an FEL/TBA is discussed. 22 refs., 7 figs., 5 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Workshop on physics of linear colliders, Capri, Italy, 13 Jun 1988.
Sessler, A.M.; Hopkins, D.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14115447