Controlling defectiveness in a complex product [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A common practice when measuring defectiveness in a complicated product is to assign ''demerit'' points to each defect in proportion to the seriousness of the fault. A plan is presented for monitoring defectives by using a modified demerit per unit control chart. The statistics presented are basic to control charts for demerits. What is different is the chart format which has the advantage of minimum effort for daily updates and independence from required sample sizes. Basically, the charts were designed for simplicity of use where product quantities are not large. Emphasis is placed on maintaining perspective between plotting data and completing the circle of defect reporting, analysis and corrective action feedback.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:mhsmp-76-38
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mason and Hanger-Silas Mason Co., Inc., Amarillo, Tex. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14115555