Fermilab accelerator control system [electronic resource] : Analog monitoring facilities
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Thousands of analog signals are monitored in different areas of the Fermilab accelerator complex. For general purposes, analog signals are sent over coaxial or twinaxial cables with varying lengths, collected at fan-in boxes and digitized with 12 bit multiplexed ADCs. For higher resolution requirements, analog signals are digitized at sources and are serially sent to the control system. This paper surveys ADC subsystems that are used with the accelerator control systems and discusses practical problems and solutions, and it describes how analog data are presented on the console system.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Europhysics conference on control systems for experimental physics, Villars, Switzerland, 28 Sep 1987.
Anderson, L.; Seino, K.; Smedinghoff, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14115673