Design and construction of a short-pulse front end for a large CO/sub 2/ laser [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A CO/sub 2/ laser oscillator, switch out, and preamplifier system which produces 1 ns pulses of 10.6 ..mu..m light with an energy of about 1 joule was designed and constructed. Commercial CO/sub 2/ TEA devices were used throughout. Alignment was simplified by using a single He-Ne laser and penta prism reflectors on kinematic mounts. Performance of this system as compared with calculations with the Laser Optical Train simulation (LOTS) program is discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Conference on optics, Santa Fe, NM, USA, 6 Apr 1981.
Collins, C.R.; Alexander, R.F.; Woods, C.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14115853