Three dimensional calculation of electron energy loss in a variable parameter free-electron laser [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 19 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The motion of an electron beam through a longitudinally varying period undulator for a single-pass free-electron laser is studied. It is shown that, under certain conditions, the electrons are trapped in an optical bucket, and deliver on the average more energy to the laser field than in constant period undulators of comparable parameters. The limits set by a finite beam emittance and energy spread are studied in detail by three-dimensional computer simulation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "bnl-28339", and Luccio, A; Pellegrini, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14116039