Mathematical treatment of measurement data for supplanting the use of an optical comparator in the inspection of manufactured parts. [MOCO] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 57 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A mathematical analog to an optical comparator is presented and the computer program MOCO which employs the analog is described. It contains results from application of the program to hypothetical data for typical manufactured parts which prove out the effectiveness of the program. It also contains a study of the inspection of a number of actual manufactured parts of the same type using the MOCO program. The study shows the usefulness of MOCO and points out difficulties that may be encountered during inspection if the accuracies of the measurements involved are not consistent with the tolerances placed on the part features and contours. Ways for minimizing the number of computer calculations required are discussed as are means for improving and extending the program, e.g., to three dimensions.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand-78-1787
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Sandia Labs., Livermore, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14116249