Mold heating and cooling systems. Final report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 18 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A system has been developed to provide temperature control for the mold heating and cooling equipment by using the metal temperature as the primary process variable. A metal temperature feedback control scheme was developed which reduces the time required to put a new mold on a specified mold temperature trajectory. The system was successfully achieved with the derivation and initial checkout of a new control algorithm, which uses empirically determined mold response dynamics for the calculation of its constants. The principal milestones leading to this accomplishment are discussed. The system is applicable to molds for making plastic parts.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bdx-613-1979(rev.)
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bendix Corp., Kansas City, MO (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14116307