Phase and amplitude feedback control system for the Los Alamos free-electron laser [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Phase and amplitude feedback control systems for the Los Alamos free-electron laser (FEL) are described. Beam-driven voltages are very high in the buncher cavity because the electron gun is pulsed at the fifth subharmonic of the buncher resonant frequency. The high beam loading necessitated a novel feedback and drive configuration for the buncher. A compensation cirucit has been added to the gun/driver system to reduce observed drift. Extremely small variations in the accelerator gradients had dramatic effects on the laser output power. These problems and how they were solved are described and plans for improvements in the feedback control system are discussed. 5 refs., 7 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1985., "la-ur-85-1205", " conf-850504-12", "DE85010787", Particle accelerator conference, Vancouver, Canada, 13 May 1985., and Higgins, E.F.; Lynch, M.T.; Tallerico, P.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14116387