Measurements of satellite refrigerator compressor power consumption and efficiency [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Each of the thirty compressors installed around the ring and at switchyard is an oil-injected, two-stage, Mycom screw compressor, driven by either a 350 hp or 400 hp motor. The reader is referred to TM1198 by John Satti for a detailed description of these compressors and the associated equipment. Since the power consumed by these compressors is a major operating expense for our accelerator, we were interested in measuring the power consumption and efficiency of our compressors. Two compressors were studied in detail - one having a GE 350 hp motor (F0 No. 2) and one a new GE 400 hp high efficiency motor (F0 No. 1). Data were taken for each compressor with the high stage always fully loaded. These data and values calculated from the data are tabulated.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
James, A.; Peterson, T.; Hentges, M.; Urso, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14116428