Environmental costs of landfills and incinerators [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Energy Research and Development Administration, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Energy Research and Development Administration
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- After an introductory statement describing the characteristics of landfills and incinerators, these two devices for municipal waste disposal are compared in terms of economic and environmental costs. Cost data for the Chicago area is used. It is concluded that landfills have lower investment, operating and environmental costs. (LCL)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hockman, O.; Hwang, E. G.; Rudzitis, G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14116854