Vacuum guidelines for ISA insertions [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Vacuum requirements place design restrictions on the ISA insertions. The vacuum tube diameter, given a distance L between pumps, is determined by the desorption of molecules from the wall under the impact of ions created by the beam, whereas the thickness of the tube must be sufficient to prevent collapse. In addition, the entire vacuum chamber must be able to be baked out at approximately 200/sup 0/C.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Edwards, D. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14116942