Molten salt freeze seal. Final report [electronic resource].
- Canoga Park, Calif. : Energy Technology Engineering Center (U.S.), 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 35 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Energy Technology Engineering Center (U.S.) and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report documents the results of the testing performed at Sandia National Laboratory, Albuquerque, New Mexico, on the applicability of a sodium freeze seal type valve stem in a molten salt environment. The freeze seal tests consisted of cycling the valve stem at set temperature intervals, checking the temperature distribution for freeze plug location, and verifying the actuator forces. In addition to the test results, this report also documents the engineering analysis and other tasks performed before testing to form a basis for predicted test conditions and recommendations for the test program.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:etec-tdr-85-5
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14117768