Characterization of flow regimes in the post-dryout region [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A visual study of film boiling using photographic and high speed motion-picture methods was carried out to determine the flow regime transition criteria in the post-CHF region. An idealized inverted annular flow was obtained by introducing a liquid jet of Freon 113 through a nozzle, precisely centered with respect to the internal diameter of the test section, with an annual gas flow. The respective ranges for liquid and gas exit velocities were 0.05-0.5 and 0.03-8.2 m/s. Nitrogen and helium were used in the study.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1988., "conf-880724-22", "DE88012065", 25. American Society of Mechanical Engineers/American Institute of Chemical Engineers/American Nuclear Society national heat transfer conference, Houston, TX, USA, 24 Jul 1988., Ishii, M.; Obot, N.T., and Clarkson Univ., Potsdam, NY (USA). Dept. of Chemical Engineering
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14118064