Evaluation of physical characteristics and phenomena, sensitivity and interaction effects, performance criteria and output requirements for a station keeping subsystem engineering evaluation tool (SKEET) [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 47 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The fundamental purpose for SKEET is to provide a means of simulating and evaluating OTEC platform SKSS performance. This evaluation capability may be employed in the process of a design review, comparison of alternative concepts, operational planning, establishing risk and reliability criteria and a host of other applications. However, the central requirement is that SKEET have the capability to predict the excursions on motions of the platform and loads on the SKSS as a result of environmental effects under a range of operational conditions. The principal elements which should be represented by the SKEET model include: environment (wind, current, waves); vessel/CWP configuration; mooring system (including anchor/soil and electrical riser cable interactions); and dynamic positioning system effects. Findings are summarized of the following two tasks that have been undertaken to formulate a definition of the requirements of SKEET: Task III - identify and classify the physical characteristics and phenomena and evaluate interaction effects; and Task IV - establish mooring performance criteria. The objective of Task III was to define the range of physical parameters that must be incorporated into SKEET and to make an assessment of the most appropriate manner in which to incorporate each of those parameters. The objective of Task IV was to define the required outputs from SKEET. (WHK)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/noaa/otec-3
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hoffman Maritime Consultants, Inc., Glen Head, NY (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14118539