RTOD-photo operations and procedures manual [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1966.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 87 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- EG & G, Inc
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This document presents a survey of the EG&G NRDS photographic operation in four major sections and includes the work scope, procedures, some technical backgrounding and operational information. Two sections, Instrumentation and Photo Systems, include the areas of direct responsibilities while a section on Film Handling and Coordination and a section covering special information, pertinent to the project, are included to adequately complete this survey. The photographic group is housed in two trailers within the control point area at NRDS and from these trailers provides photographic support at a number of locations. Four camera bunkers, three camera towers, a kinescope system, a microfilm system and remote camera controls comprise the facilities that the group maintains and operates outside these trailers. The work load includes major items such as: motion picture coverage of the nuclear rocket engine tests, data record microfilming, kinescope recording, and documentary coverage of the company related operational responsibilities. In addition, a number of minor photographic services are extended, when required. The nature of the work, because of its importance within the research and development efforts at NRDS, requires optimum quality and efficiency throughout. The many procedures outlined here have been designed to satisfy these requirements.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 03/01/1966 - 03/01/1966
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14118918