Calculations of flow oscillations during reflood using RELAP4/MOD6. [BWR; PWR] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Flow oscillations between the downcomer and the electrically heated core during reflood have been observed in reflood experimental facilities such as Semiscale and FLECHT-SET (Westinghouse). The purpose of the study described was to investigate the primary mechanism responsible for the initiation and continuation of the oscillations during reflood using the RELAP4/MOD6 code. The study produced significant results concerning the accuracy of RELAP in predicting the dynamic features of density-wave and pressure drop oscillations, and was conducted on the German three-loop PRIMAR KREISLAUF (PLK) Reflood Experimental System. RELAP4/MOD6 is an analytical computer code which can be used for best estimate analysis of PWR or BWR reactor system blowdown and reflood response to a postulated LOCA.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1978., "conf-781105-5", ANS meeting, Washington, DC, USA, 12 Nov 1978., Chen, Y.S.; Sulivan, L.H., and Idaho National Engineering Lab., Idaho Falls (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14119098