The U.S. military intervention in Panama : Operation Just Cause, December 1989-January 1990 / by Lawrence A. Yates
- Yates, Lawrence A., 1945-
- Additional Titles:
- United States military intervention in Panama: Operation Just Cause, December 1989-January 1990
Operation Just Cause, December 1989-January 1990
- Washington, D.C. : Center of Military History, United States Army, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 527 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Center of Military History
- Contingency operations series
CMH Pub ; 55-3-1
- The Panama Crisis, June 1987-December 1989 -- Preparations and adjustments, 17-19 December 1989 -- Special operations at the outset of Just Cause -- Task Force Gator and the Comandancia -- Task Force Semper Fi and Task Force Black Devil -- Task Force Wildcat -- Task Force Black and Task Force Red-T -- The 82d Airborne Division on D-day -- Task Force Red-R at Rio Hato -- Task Force Atlantic : D-day in Area of Operations North -- Task Force Atlantic : D-day in Area of Operations South -- Loose ends, 20 December 1989-3 January 1990 -- The transition to stability operations and nation building, December 1989-January 1990 -- Follow-through and assessments.
- Examines how American military power was employed during Operation Just Cause, including the planning process and joint efforts of the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps during major combat operations. Also details post-combat stability and nation-building operations.
- American Invasion of Panama (1989)
- Military planning—United States
- Unified operations (Military science)—Case studies
- Military planning
- Military relations
- Unified operations (Military science)
- Panama—History—American Invasion, 1989—Causes
- Panama—Military relations—United States
- United States—Military relations—Panama
- United States
- Shipping list no: 2015-0101-P.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 483-490) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14119464