Competitive archaeology in Jordan : narrating identity from the Ottomans to the Hashemites / by Elena D. Corbett
- Corbett, Elena Dodge
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2014.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 292 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Archaeology is politics : the meaning of archaeological heritage in Jordan -- Holy Land core and periphery -- Antiquity and modernity in southeastern Bilad al-Sham -- British mandate : core, periphery, and ownership of narrative -- Antiquities of a Hashemite state in mandatory space -- Antiquity, pan-national, and nation-state narratives in the expanded Hashemite Kingdom -- Return to the core.
- 9780292760806 (cloth : alk. paper)
0292760809 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 253-269) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14121110