Visual acuity and the arts of communication in early modern Germany / edited by Jeffrey Chipps Smith
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT, USA : Ashgate, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 226 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, Jeffrey Chipps, 1951-
- Visual culture in early modernity
- Intent and independence : late fifteenth-century object engravings / Allison Stielau -- Seeing Christ : visual piety in Saxony's Erzgebirge / Bridget Heal -- Johann Neudörffer's Nachrichten (1547) : calligraphy and historiography in early modern Nuremberg / Susanne Meurer -- The Universe cup of Jonas Silber and its sources. Envisioning history : the visualization of historical time in sixteenth-century German art and craft / Andrew Morrall -- Lucas Cranach the Younger's funeral sermon as a Lutheran treatise on art / Ruth Slenczka -- A musical dialogue in bronze : Gregor Aichinger's Lacrumae (1604) and Hans Reichle's Crucifixion group for the Basilica of SS. Ulrich and Afra in Augsburg / Alexander J. Fisher -- The acute gaze of Argos : visual sin and visual psychagogy in Jacob Bidermann's Cenodoxus / Anthony Mahler -- 'This charming invention created by the king' : Christian IV and his concealed music / Arne Spohr -- Dynastic botany : banyans, cedars, and palms as visual models in seventeenth-century genealogy / Volker Bauer -- Royal and Roman in the rebuilding of Berlin ca. 1700 / Kristoffer Neville.
- 9781472435873 hardcover alk. paper
1472435877 hardcover alk. paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14121157