American political history : a very short introduction / Donald T. Critchlow
- Critchlow, Donald T., 1948-
- Oxford ; New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 150 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm.
- Very short introductions ; 420
- The politics of the Constitution, 1787-89 -- Contentious people and factious parties in the early Republic, 1789-1824 -- The age of democracy, 1816-44 -- The politics of slavery : prelude to the Civil War, 1844-60 -- Politics in war and Reconstruction, 1861-76 -- Gilded Age frustration and the progressive response, 1877-1918 -- Affluence, Depression, and World War, 1920-45 -- Early Cold War politics, 1945-74 -- Tumultuous politics continued, 1974-present.
- "American Political History : A Very Short Introduction captures the richness of American political history, focusing primarily on national politics. It explores the nature of the two-party system, key turning points in American political history, representative presidential and congressional elections, struggles to expand the electorate, and critical social protest and third-party movements"--Provided by publisher
- 9780199340057 (acid-free paper)
0199340056 (acid-free paper)
- AUTH: ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY. OVERVIEW.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 135-142) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 14121947