The American literature scholar in the digital age [electronic resource] / edited by Amy E. Earhart and Andrew Jewell
- Editorial theory and literary criticism
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Amy E. Earhart and Andrew Jewell -- Part 1. Shifts in professional practices: Collaborative work and the conditions for American literary scholarship in a digital age / Kenneth M. Price; Challenging gaps: redesigning collaboration in the digital humanities / Amy E. Earhart; Whitman's poems in periodicals: prospects for periodicals scholarship in the digital age / Susan Belasco; Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's cabin: a case study in textual transmission / Wesley Raabe; Presentation of archival materials on the web: a curator's model based on selectivity and interpretation / Leslie Perrin Wilson; Scholars' usage of digital archives in American literature / Lisa Spiro and Jane Segal -- Part 2. Markup and tools: new models and methods for humanistic inquiry: A case for heavy editing: the example of Race and children's literature in the Gilded Age / Amanda Gailey; Where is the text of America? witnessing revision and the online critical archive / John Bryant; "Counted out at last": text analysis on the Willa Cather Archive / Andrew Jewell and Brian L. Pytlik Zillig; Visualizing the archive / Edward Whitley -- Part 3. Theoretical challenges in digital Americanist scholarship: Digital humanities and the study of race and ethnicity / Stephanie P. Browner; Design and politics in electronic American literary archives / Matt Cohen; Encoding culture: building a digital archive based on traditional Ojibwe teachings / Timothy B. Powell and Larry P. Aitken, chi-ayy ya agg (Wisdom Keeper).
- Literature and the Internet—United States
- American literature—Research—Methodology
- American literature—Research—Electronic information resources
- American literature—Study and teaching—Methodology
- American literature—Study and teaching—Electronic information resources
- American literature—History and criticism—Electronic information resources
- 9780472071197 (cloth : alk. paper)
047207119X (cloth : alk. paper)
9780472051199 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14122526