Collaborative Research [electronic resource] : Robust Climate Projections and Stochastic Stability of Dynamical Systems
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- University of Nevada, Reno
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This project focused on conceptual exploration of El Nino/Southern Oscillation (ENSO) variability and sensitivity using a Delay Differential Equation developed in the project. We have (i) established the existence and continuous dependence of solutions of the model (ii) explored multiple models solutions, and the distribution of solutions extrema, and (iii) established and explored the phase locking phenomenon and the existence of multiple solutions for the same values of model parameters. In addition, we have applied to our model the concept of pullback attractor, which greatly facilitated predictive understanding of the nonlinear model's behavior.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 07/15/2007 - 07/14/2010
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14127987