Laboratory Directed Research and Development Annual Report for 2009 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2010.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report documents progress made on all LDRD-funded projects during fiscal year 2009. As a US Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC) national laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) has an enduring mission to bring molecular and environmental sciences and engineering strengths to bear on DOE missions and national needs. Their vision is to be recognized worldwide and valued nationally for leadership in accelerating the discovery and deployment of solutions to challenges in energy, national security, and the environment. To achieve this mission and vision, they provide distinctive, world-leading science and technology in: (1) the design and scalable synthesis of materials and chemicals; (2) climate change science and emissions management; (3) efficient and secure electricity management from generation to end use; and (4) signature discovery and exploitation for threat detection and reduction. PNNL leadership also extends to operating EMSL: the Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, a national scientific user facility dedicated to providing itnegrated experimental and computational resources for discovery and technological innovation in the environmental molecular sciences.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnnl-19318
- Other Subject(s):
- Battelle Pacific Northwest Laboratories
- Research Programs
- Program Management
- Advanced Sensors And Instrumentation
- Biological Sciences
- Earth And Space Sciences
- Energy Supply And Use
- Engineering And Manufacturing Processes
- Materials Science And Technology
- Mathematics And Computing Sciences
- Nuclear Science And Engineering
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hughes, Pamela J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14132957