Preparation of multilayered materials in cross-section for in situ TEM tensile deformation studies [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The success of in-situ transmission electron microscopy experimentation is often dictated by proper specimen preparation. We report here a novel technique permitting the production of cross-sectioned tensile specimens of multilayered films for in-situ deformation studies. Of primary importance in the development of this technique is the production of an electron transparent micro-gauge section using focused ion beam technology. This microgauge section predetermines the position at which plastic deformation is initiated; crack nucleation, growth and failure are then subsequently observed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-jc-123975-rev-1
E 1.99: conf-970302*--
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Materials Research Society Spring Meeting, San Francisco, CA (US), 03/31/1997--04/04/1997.
Wall, M. A., LLNL.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14136616