FY04 Annual Report for Environmental Management Science Program - Strategic Design and Optimization of Inorganic Sorbents for Cesium, Strontium and Actinides [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Texas A & M University, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The basic science goal in this project identifies structure/affinity relationships for selected radionuclides and existing sorbents. The task will apply this knowledge to the design and synthesis of new sorbents that will exhibit increased cesium, strontium and actinide removal. The target problem focuses on the treatment of high-level nuclear wastes. The general approach can likewise be applied to non-radioactive separations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/2004., "emsp-81949--2004", and Nyman, M.; Hobbs, D.; Clearfield, A.; Maginn, E.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 10/01/2003 - 09/01/2004
- Funding Information:
- FG07-01ER63300, FG07-01ER63282, and EMSP 81949
View MARC record | catkey: 14136968