Numerical Simulations of Dynamic Deformation of Air Transport Fresh Fuel Package in Accidental Impacts [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Results of numerical investigations of dynamic deformations of packages for air transportation of fresh nuclear fuel from Nuclear Power Plants are presented for the cases of axis and on-side impacts with hard surface at a speed of 90 meters/second (m/s). Modeling results on deformed structure shapes and kinematical parameters (displacements, decelerations, cramping) for axis impact are compared with experimental data. Use of this numerical-experimental technology gives new capabilities to analyze correctly the safety of such a package in accidents through modeling, which does not require implantation of expensive testing, thereby saving money.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:827383
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Waste Management 2003 Symposium, Tucson, AZ (US), 02/23/2003--02/27/2003.
Romanov, V. I.; Ryabov, A. A.; Sotskov, G. I.
Sarov Open Computing Center, Sarov, Nizhniy Novgorod region, (RU)
View MARC record | catkey: 14138280